Gov’t to punish seven schools admitting learners without PLE results
AUTHOR: Daniel Garang | PUBLISHED: August 2, 2022
National Minister of Education, Hon. Awut Deng at examination room in Mayo primary school on Monday 14th February 2022
The National Ministry of General Education and Instruction said it will take drastic measures against private schools reportedly admitting senior one learners before PLE certificates are awarded.
It has so far identified 7 private schools in Central Equatoria state conducting illegal admission of secondary school learners.
Martin Tako Moyi, the Deputy Minister of General Education and Instruction announced that the schools are under Rajaf and Luri Payams.
They include: Promise Land Secondary Schools, Elite Secondary School, Don Bosco Secondary School, Salam Secondary School, Excel Academy Secondary School, Juba Diplomatic Secondary Schools and St. Lawrence.
Mr. Tako said measures are being taken against these schools.
“Such schools could be de-registered or suspend their registration. Head teachers or teachers of the stated schools that have contravened the law will face disciplinary measures as well,” he warned.
The Deputy Minister directed state authorities and the undersecretary of the Ministry of General Education and Instruction to immediately take disciplinary measures against the said schools.
“The state educational authorities are hereby urged to implement this order. The Undersecretary is also directed to support the implementation of the same order.”
Mr. Tako clarified that the schools will not be closed down. He said the administration of each school will account for the illegality while learning continues.
The Ministry of General Education and Instruction released the results of the Primary Leaving Examinations 2 weeks ago, but some schools across the country are yet to receive their results.